There are certain items of clothing that truly withstand the test of time and the scrutiny of ever changing fashion trends. These classic wardrobe staples have staying power because of their versatility, comfort, and timeless appeal. One such piece is the jean jacket. Originally created by legendary denim maker Levi Strauss to accompany his jeans, the jacket was created to be worn by cowboys, miners, and railroad engineers. In recent years denim jackets have been seen on international runways, and on the backs of virtually every chic tastemaker from Milan to Manhattan. Whether you pair it with your Sarah Alexandra shirt, or wear it over your favorite tee, there is no outfit that doesn’t go with a jean jacket. We’ve put together an assortment of styles we love. This high/low mix offers a perfect style for every woman, and any occasion.
1. This J.Crew Jacket is the perfect example of the classic piece we think everyone should own.
2. From AG - Denim plus shearling equals perfection, now that's an equation we love!
3. From J. Crew - Who says your jean jacket has to be blue? Not us!
4. The frayed detail on this jacket from La Fray give it a well loved, vintage look with a modern twist.
5. Why not add a leather "jean" jacket to your closet? This AG stunner is an instant classic.
6. Zara is always the destination for stylish, budget friendly basics.
7. Sometimes you just need to add an over-the-top fabulous piece to your wardrobe. This amazingly embellished Gucci jacket makes us swoon!